Wednesday, September 1, 2010

How to make and can SALSA




Here's the recipe! Go to it! Notice all the crossing out and additions? That just makes the recipe better!!!=0) Note I use TWO jalapenos not SIX, because Aaron can't take the spiciness. I also leave out the chilies, the red pepper flakes, and add a little lime juice. Instead of pureeing the chiles I puree the jalapenos, that way you don't get any really HOT bites. Now if you have never canned before, well go read this first. It has a little intro on canning.

I love clinatro!! I hate peeling seeding and dicing tomatoes, so Aaron did it.
Here's everything all mixed and in the pan. I tasted it a few times and it was like the best pico de gallo EVER!!
And here it is..... a while later we have our finished product. Seven teeny jars of salsa, but it's worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment