Sunday, July 7, 2013

I'm Baaaaack.......and I have a baby and thyroid cancer.

Like the bubonic plague, but nicer, I return after a few years of nothing.... Well I was busy. We had some deaths, a pregnancy, and a birth. Lots of smiles, and a few tears, and just life in all its messy gorgeous glory. It kept me from blogging, and frankly with a baby I can't promise I'll blog alot, but I'll at least peek in every now and then.

But now, I'm back. In 2 days I will officially be a stay at home mom. In 3 days I'm having my thyroid removed because of a cancerous nodule. And that's really why I'm back. I have googled and searched and found very little about being a mom, having thyroid cancer, and life post-thyroidectomy. Yes I read all the research articles and all the medical journals I could find. But there were very few people talking about what it was really like after surgery, and what life without a thyroid is like. So I figured I'd share my journey in case anyone else is looking for stories as they experience life with thyroid cancer.

Let me say this:



I am scared.


Scared that there will be some complication, scared that the cancer will be bigger than they think, scared it will hurt, and just plain scared of the unknown.

But I know that no matter what happens, I will be me. I will plow through and handle whatever happens. I'll try to make the best of it, and I'll probably succeed.

but....

for right now, I'm scared of the unknown, ya know?

No comments:

Post a Comment