Monday, February 21, 2011

Is it Spring yet?

Well it might not be Spring yet, BUT I started some seeds last night.

Just some early flowers, but it's so exciting, every day is longer, and the sun feels a little warmer. I love Winter but every year around the end of February I get to a point where I can't wait to start digging in the ground, and I'm so there right now.

We've got big plans for a garden this year. 4 raised beds using the no-till gardening method (I'll explain more later), lots of companion planting, and hopefully very litle weeding. We both hate weeding, and we're hoping we mulch enough this year that the weeds are not able to grow.

Take a look:
Pretty exciting; petunias, scabiosas (prettier than it sounds), pansies, a variety of herbs, snapdragons, and yes some apple seeds. We'll see what happens. They have a nice sunny spot on our sun porch, and a nice little heating mat to keep that soil warm enough to quickly germinate.

No comments:

Post a Comment